Published on Apr 29, 2020
COVID-19 Update 63 with critical care specialist Roger Seheult, MD.
Dr. Seheult explains the theory that seems most plausible to us here at MedCram.com: That COVID-19 is primarily a disease of the endothelium (the single layer of cells that line blood and lymphatic vessels). This hypothesis helps explain the increase in cardiovascular complications from COVID-19: strokes, myocardial infarctions, thromboembolism (pulmonary embolism, DVTs, and other blood clots), as well as many critical patients who do not appear to have classic ARDS symptoms (and have relatively normal lung compliance etc. as observed by the research of Dr. Gattinoni in Italy and others). A deep understanding of this theory requires a review of some foundational biochemistry including the electron transport chain and ATP – the energy currency of the body.
Links referenced in this video:
Johns Hopkins – https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer – https://www.worldometers.info/coronav…
CDC and Lag Time – https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/…
American Journal of Physiology – https://journals.physiology.org/doi/f…
Some previous videos from this series (visit MedCram.com for the full series):
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)? https://youtu.be/DtPwfihjyrY
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress https://youtu.be/22Bn8jsGI54
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19? https://youtu.be/fn2yk5SbGiw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult’s Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC) https://youtu.be/NM2A2xNLWR4
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion) https://youtu.be/nO4xgcIaPeA
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces? https://youtu.be/2U4DAQ3kjRs
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses? https://youtu.be/PgDjVEpEOdQ
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV: https://youtu.be/8NffZAGELGg
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?: https://youtu.be/kgzFAdYwYLM
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID 19 Worse?: https://youtu.be/o8aG63yigjA
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?: https://youtu.be/qc6VV7ue4cE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 51: State by State Projections; Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID19 Pneumonia: https://youtu.be/E7MufS6dnJw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19: https://youtu.be/fya6Zwxch88
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 49: New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes): https://youtu.be/uaIzj3s3p4A
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 48: Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials: https://youtu.be/JN-8bGB1cLM
– How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment: https://youtu.be/okg7uq_HrhQ
Many other videos on COVID-19 (coronavirus outbreak, coronavirus symptoms, influenza, coronavirus epidemic, corona virus updates, coronavirus vaccine, boosting the immune system, vitamin D, vitamin C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC, n-acetyl cysteine, Insomnia, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, ultrasound to diagnose COVID-19, coronavirus New York, COVID-19 and the epithelium/blood vessels) and other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at MedCam.com
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram provides videos to a variety of medical schools, education programs, and institutions (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested)
Media Contact: email@example.com
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-c…
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
All copyrights for this article are reserved to Corona Virus